We give thanks to God for all the blessings that He has bestowed upon our parish over the last 125 years. A small group of German immigrants has grown into a parish of over 1900 families in the course of these years. Growth has meant change from a small church on Broadway to our magnificent church of today where we are a community of people sharing the oneness of our faith and love for God. Our parish has a fine history of welcoming new parishioners and the community spirit among our parishioners continues to grow.
Our Mission is to continue the work started by our founders with Jesus Christ as our model, centered in the Eucharist, and teaching the gospel message and applying it to our everyday lives. May we be a beacon of Christian hope and love to the people of Bayonne as we are founded in the past and focused on the future.
To register with St. Henry Parish, come to the Rectory Office, in person, between 9 AM and 4 PM weekdays and complete a registration card, or call 201-436-0857, Ext. 110 (Jean).
2022 MONTHLY CALENDAR RAFFLE – Tickets ON SALE!!
PRIZE: $1,000 – Drawn on the 1st of each month
January 1, 2022 through December 1, 2022
TICKET COST: $120 (only 300 tickets will be sold)
12 Chances to WIN, and the winning ticket is re-entered so you may win multiple times!
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN THE PARISH OFFICE, Monday – Friday, 9AM – 4PM
You may complete a TICKET REQUEST FORM and mail it in to the office (82 W. 29th St.) along with your payment, and a ticket will be entered into the drawing and the stub will be mailed to you. Your participation in this very important parish fundraiser is appreciated! TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
ST. HENRY RELIGIOUS EDUCATION – REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021/2022 PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
MASS SCHEDULE – Additional Information
– The 12 Noon Mass on Sunday is live-streamed on our Facebook page, St. Henry RC Church. (weekday and other Saturday/Sunday Masses are no longer live-streamed)
– We continue to celebrate ONE Mass each weekday at 12 Noon, and the scheduled intentions for our regular 8:30 AM and 12:05 PM Masses are honored together at this Mass.**
**The decision was made to continue to celebrate one Mass each weekday as the St. Benedict Chapel is too small to comfortably and safely accommodate too many communicants, and it is too expensive to cool or heat the main church each day from early morning until after the Noon Mass. We plan to revisit this decision in a few months to determine when we can go back to our regular weekday Mass schedule.
Thank you for your understanding!
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN LESSENED – PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
In conjunction with the State of New Jersey’s lessening of restrictions related to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have been notified by the Archdiocese of Newark the following:
- Cardinal Tobin and the Bishops of New Jersey have reinstated the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Churches and parish facilities may return to 100 percent capacity with no social distancing for both indoor and outdoor services and activities.
- If fully vaccinated, parishioners are no longer required to wear a mask. Proof of vaccination is not required.
- Anyone not fully vaccinated should wear a mask.
- Any fully vaccinated person preferring to wear a mask should feel free to do so.
Within the Mass:
- The Sign of Peace should be offered but continue to be made without physical contact.
- Communion will continue to be received in the hand. The chalice will still not be offered to the assembly.
- Lectors and Cantors who are fully vaccinated do not need to wear a mask.
- All Eucharistic Ministers must wear a mask and must sanitize their hands BEFORE they distribute communion.
Until further notice, our Daily Mass will still be in Church at 12noon from Monday thru Friday and 8:30 on Saturday morning.
2021 MONTHLY CALENDAR RAFFLE
MONTHLY PRIZE: $1,000
Next DRAWING: November 1, 2021
OCTOBER’s winning ticket was selected. The WINNER is Angela Lopez
The PARISH OFFICE is OPEN Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM. Please do not come in if you are feeling ill or have a fever. Regular hours resume September 7th.
The FOOD PANTRY is open WEDNESDAYS, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, for Bayonne residents only.
(Non-perishable food items are always needed and very much appreciated. You may bring your donation to the Parish Office, Monday – Friday, 9AM – 4 PM)
- Ring the Office doorbell. A pre-packaged bag will be brought to you.
From the Archdiocese of Newark: (click on title to view)
Rejoice in the Lord NEWSLETTER
by Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, Archbishop of Newark
For more information about current parish events & other news
click on the “Bulletin” tab above to view our most recent bulletin
as well as past issues.
We remember with love our beloved pastor, bishop and friend,
Bishop Thomas Donato
Oct. 1, 1940 – Aug. 25, 2015